County Cup Competitions 2020 - 2021

After careful consideration the HSFA Executive Committee has taken the decision to delay all County Cup Competitions for the 2020-21 season until January 2021 to help guarantee the health and safety of all players and staff involved, as well as reduce any burden teachers may feel under to play.

The current national Covid picture doesn't seem to be improving as quickly as we would have hoped and as an Executive Committee we have been monitoring the situation closely. We have been in contact with several Headteachers and teaching staff over the last few weeks to gauge their opinions on the potential future of extra-curricular fixtures. What is becoming clear is that there is real unease within many schools and the need to fulfil extra-curricular fixtures is deemed an unnecessary risk.

We will review the situation towards the end of this term. It is hoped that the national and regional restrictions may have eased by then and schools may feel more confident in playing fixtures. An updated set of draws, with new play-on dates, will be released after half-term.

Featured Posts
Recent Posts